If you're looking to publish your content at a specific date and time or would like for it to stop being available after certain date this article will show you how to achieve this.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This guide requires a user with the Site Editor role. If you don't have publishing permissions you will NOT be able to make the necessary changes.
If you would like to schedule content you're creating or editing, use the following steps:
Approving Requested Scheduled Content
If you're editing content and find that they have been requested for scheduling, please use the following steps:
To unschedule content you simply need to reset the values in the Scheduling Options field.
- Go to Edit the article to unschedule
- In the Sidebar > Scheduling Options
- Delete the contents of the Un/Publish On fields.
- Set the Un/Publish State fields to - None -
- Set the State as needed, Draft, Approved, or Published.
Things to Avoid
- DO NOT save your contents in the states of "Published" or "Archive". Even if you configure a schedule, by saving a content as "Published" it will be immediately published/archived. Use instead "Approved / Pending".
- It's important to note that regardless of whether you set the state to Draft, In Review, or Approved the content will be published as long as the Scheduling Options fields are filled in. This happens because the system makes no distinction between the current states, the scheduler is tasked simply with moving the given article to the specified state at the specified time. Nonetheless, the recommended state, for clarity, is "Approved".
- Changing the Title will in turn change the URL. This change reflects immediately.
- Do NOT forget to update the Publish State or Unpublish State fields. The scheduler will NOT know what state to change the content to when the time comes and it won't do anything.
- If a user schedules a page, Restricted Editors will NOT be able to make edits. To resolve this you will need to un-schedule the page.