If you're looking to provide document files for download in formats such as PDF, DOC, PPT, among others, follow the steps below!
- Log into Drupal - Not sure how? Check out our guide on Logging In.
- File(s) that will be uploaded.
- File cannot be over 30 MB
- The following formats are accepted: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, odt, txt
- File must meet our Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Page where the file will be linked from - No page yet? Check out our guide on Creating a Page.
- Be sure you're logged in
- Navigate to Content
- Then navigate to Media
- Select + Add Media
- And select Document
[ ! ] Do NOT upload your documents to Files. These will NOT be available for download.
- Fill in the requested information:
- Name: The title or preferred name of the document. You will use this to identify it later on.
- File: Click Browse to select the document you want to upload from your computer.
- Document Name: This is the name with which users will receive the document. Refer to our Image & File Naming Conventions.
- Document Description: Add a description so other users can know what this document contains.
- Published: Be sure this checkbox is selected if you're ready to use the document.
- Revision Information (optional)
- Authoring Information (optional)
- Click Save. All done!
Linking a Document for Download
- After having uploaded your document
- Navigate to the page where you want to offer the document for download
- Select or add the text you want to convert to a link
- Select the first Link button in the toolbar
- Type in the Name or part of the name of the document.
- Drupal will search and display matching options
- Select the one that matches your document name and is categorized under Media.
- Save and test
- All done!