The Web Team does not facilitate or manage webcasting beyond placement of the necessary code. If you are interested in webcasting an event please see "Requesting a Webcast."
NOTE: The majority of our live events use a shared channel and if left embedded other, unrelated would be broadcast through your event page in the days and weeks before you event. We recommend that you place the Webcast Embed Module the day before or even few hours before your event begins.
Deploy the Module
To deploy live video streaming on your page:
- In SiteExecutive navigate to the page where the module will be deployed.
- Click Edit Page then create a new line on which to place the module
- Click on the “Insert Module” icon
- Select “Webcast Embed” from the dropdown in the dialog that comes up.
- Click “OK”
- In the "Module Properties" window select the following:
- Channel 1, 2, 3 or JHU Main (information provided by Multimedia)
- Click “Save”
Once the event has concluded, it is necessary to delete the module by right-clicking on the module box in Edit Page mode and selecting "Delete Module", otherwise other broadcasts running to that channel will appear on your page.
JHSPH has ability include an image announcing an even in a rotating slide show between webcast events. If you would like to include such a slide please follow these steps
- The announcement slide should be built to 1920px wide x 1080px tall, keep the reserved areas top and bottom in mind when adding content. (See layout guide below.)
- Submit this slide to the web team via the help desk at least a week prior to the event.
- Include the name and schedule for the event the ticket.
The web team will add the slide to the slideshow.
Announcement Slide Layout Template