Slideshows are managed separately from the pages where they reside. To edit one, on the left side toolbar in SiteExecutive, go to:
Modules/Applications > Modules > Slideshows > [YOUR OFFICE OR DEPARTMENT GROUP] > [YOUR SLIDESHOW]
To edit a slide's content, click on the pencil/paper icon at the left of the table row.
Other Common Operations
To add a new slide:
- Create, crop, and optimize the images that will appear in the slideshow.
- Feature: 420px x 280px
- Highlight Boxes: 190px x 120px
- Left Column: 190px x 220px
- Upload them to the appropriate folder for the slideshow
- Select the Modules/Applications window in the left column (three boxes icon)
- Expand “Modules”
- Click on “Slideshow”
- Click on the appropriate slideshow instance
- Click on the “Slides” tab at the top right
- Add a new slide by filling out the form at the top of the page
- Image: select the appropriate image from the dropdown menu
- Alt Text: a short description of the image
- Title: no more than 8 words
- Content: no more than 30 - 35 words for Features, no more than 16 - 18 words for Right Column slideshows
- Slide Background Color: choose a color that complements the photo if possible
- Link Title (optional): typically “Learn More”
- Link (optional): select your link
- Click “Save”
To change the background colors of the slides:
Click on the "Edit this Slide" icon at the left of the slide row
Select the color you wish to change to (should reference a color in the image when possible)
How to change the order of the slides:
Drag and drop a row from the slide table to rearrange the order of the slides
No need to click "Save", the new order is automatically updated
How to make the slides cycle in a random manner:
- Click on the "Desktop" tab at the top left
- Double-click on "Edit Slideshow"
- Make sure the "Ordered" radio button is set to "No"
- Click "Save"
- Review different slideshow styles
- All slideshow changes update automatically on the public website. You do not have to submit the page to workflow.
- To delete a slide, click on the red X icon at the left of the table row.
- IMPORTANT: You must delete the slide from the module instance prior to deleting the image from a folder. Deleting the image first will cause the slideshow to break, which will throw an error on the page.
See also: Modules: Slideshows and Lite Carousel Video Tutorial